Digital Project Lead
Freelance 3 – 6 month contract – 2/3 days per week – Plymouth & Home Based.
Our Plymouth CIC is a social enterprise that is building community as a platform technology. After two years research and experimentation we built our first MVP during COVID19 that focused on a volunteering module to support the volunteering effort across Plymouth. We have huge ambitions and intend for our technology to have global reach and sell to UK markets from the end of 2021.
Our focus is on building a game-changing, easy-to-use digital place for citizens, communities, organisations and business to discover each other and build productive, reciprocal relationships at a neighbourhood level. Specifically, the technology will:
- Harness the amazing talent hidden in our communities
- Identify and share resources and asset capacity
- Improve lives and facilitate citizen led change for social good
- Encourage asset- based community development – people living in local places using digital to take responsibility for each other and their local resources
As the world becomes more digital, it is vital that people feel supported by the technology around them. Our collaborative work explores how citizens and communities can be a part of the design of innovative technologies that work better for them, from finding ways to use shared personal data to creating citizen-led digital public services.
We are looking for a freelance Digital Project Lead to work with our small, yet committed and talented team to deliver great digital platform experiences. We work with citizens, community pioneers and businesses in the city environment who share a vision to build a more positive and resilient community.
We have been commissioned to deliver a small number of digital projects over the coming months and as Digital Project Lead you will need to take a proactive approach and be well placed to working in an agile, supportive environment! We are looking for someone who is delivery focused, with a passion for collaboration and the ability to deliver a demanding and growing digital/development roadmap.
Role and Responsibilities
Your main task will be to lead and manage the delivery of our digital and technology projects. As a team player, you will actively support colleagues in the delivery of the more significant project and programme challenges. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and management of the project and delivery team.
- Developing and managing project plans, budget and schedule.
- Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities) planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect products.
- Managing the monitoring and controlling financial and performance management aspects of each project or contract.
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountability that align with organisation practice.
- Managing the management of a diverse range of stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and interests.
- Actively supporting community development programmes.
- Extensive digital project management skills with a passion for shipping and evolving great digital products by leading multi-disciplinary teams both internal and external.
- In depth experience of delivery management, agile methodologies, scrum and user testing.
- Financial and budget management skills.
- Proven skill to lead a team of designers and developers.
- The ability to build strong client relationships.
- Technical competence and understanding of design and/or development.
- Highly organised with experience of working with WordPress.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills that you can tailor to the needs of the audience.
- Experience of working collaboratively across partnerships with different
Through your project leadership approach you’ll have the ability to mitigate risks, meticulously manage timelines and budgets and work closely alongside an evolving Design and Development team to run stand ups.
We are creating an innovative, entrepreneurial and values driven culture which is supportive, flexible and exciting.
For further information, please contact Ann Holman, Executive Director at email@example.com