Improving Lives Plymouth has been meeting the needs of the people in the city since 1907. The services we offer include:
Enabling those with learning disabilities and mental health challenges to engage in exercise and sport.
Providing guidance and support for carers.
Helping people to manage their own long-term health conditions.
Assisting those with hearing and sight impairments.
Giving people with learning disabilities the opportunity to learn and socialise.
We are part of the Advice Plymouth partnership, alongside Citizens Advice Plymouth, providing information, signposting and advice.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to:
Communicate clearly to service users
Use appropriate listening skills
Show empathy and understanding to others
Have an understanding and commitment to equal opportunities
Use computers to undertake basic research and also to record work done
Volunteer Drop-in Assistants will:
• Act as first point of contact in the Advice Plymouth drop-in
• Determine the nature of client’s query and provide information to assist them in resolving their
• Provide information, signpost and refer clients appropriately both internally and externally with
help from the drop-in Coordinators
• Record appropriate information onto a computer database, including any requirements for
action. (Full training is given)
• Be expected to undertake mandatory training
If that excites you, we’d love to hear from you. Click the button below to apply.