The first and most important thing to do when thinking about volunteering is to decide what it is that you want to gain from your experience. There are many benefits to volunteering, here are just a few…
- Gain new skills
- Build confidence, self esteem, structure to life
- Help people
- Get a reference
- Build up contacts to help find a paid job
- Try a new area of work
- Meet new people (and make new friends!)
- Experience different cultures
- Stops your skills going rusty
- Ease yourself back into work after a difficult time
The list of benefits is endless and there are always positives to starting volunteering!
People volunteer with us for a variety of reasons. Some of our volunteers joined to meet new friends or to gain skills and experience other’s have joined because of a connection to a specific service, i.e. they have a hearing impairment and have previously used our Sensory Solutions service.
Click on the button below to start your volunteering journey with us, we would love to have you as part of the team