The NCT is the UK’s leading Charity for new parents, making a direct impact on the support available. We are looking for a new Branch Coordinator to lead our well established branch and continue to develop it further.
What will you be doing?
Our mission is to support parents throughout the first 1,000 days to have the best possible experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
We provide parents with accurate and impartial information, bring together new parents and aid the building of vital long-lasting friendships. We campaign to change things that matter to you and believe everybody should feel supported in becoming a parent.
About the Volunteer Branch Coordinator position:
- You will lead regular branch planning meetings, collating ideas and putting action plans together
- You will work with the fantastic team of volunteers and committee members to provide exciting and interesting activities for parents to be and parents. This will also include fundraising activities to help finance branch expenses and support the national NCT movement
- You will enable and ensure two way communication between NCT staff and regional volunteer teams, keeping volunteers up to date on national initiatives and engaged with the charity
- You will promote NCT in your local community
- You will work to recruit and retain branch volunteers by advocating a good volunteer experience
What are we looking for?
- You will have proven experience in leading a team
- You have demonstratable experience in goal setting, and achieving these goals
- You are a great communicator, excelling at both written and verbal communication
- You are a born problem solver, always looking for solutions
- You can delegate and set priorities for your team
- You are enthusiastic and looking to make a difference
What difference will you make?
This role is leading the branch and the activities ongoing. These activities range from fundraising, parent and baby groups, support groups including breastfeeding support, walk and talk groups and regular events such as pop up shops. All of the activities are run by volunteers and the branch coordinator keeps it all running like a well oiled machine. Without the support of a branch coordinator, these activities would not continue.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
What to expect from the NCT:
- You will receive excellent support from your regional volunteer support team and staff from the volunteer support team
- You will have access to training relevant to your role
- You will have a valuable volunteer experience, which will enable you to develop your skills
- You will be working to make a direct impact on the support of parents locally and nationally
Before you apply
Application process with be an initial call with Volunteer Coordinator for you to have any questions answered. This will be followed by a call or informal meeting over a coffee with the existing Branch Coordinator. There will then be an informal meeting with 2 committee members.
- MARKETING STRATEGY
- GENERAL MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
Plymouth, PL6 5BX. Mainly at home, work will be remote based, however we do hold volunteer meetings every 6-8 weeks in Plymouth.
Either in or out of office hours. Estimate of time needed:
0-3 hours/week. Work can be completed and slotted in with your schedule. We would anticipate 2 hours per week, however this will likely increase around events.