Cancer Research UK – Stoke, Plymouth would love you to join the team beating cancer. With 1 in 2 people being diagnosed with cancer at some point in their lives, the items sold in our Cancer Research UK shops means vital funds for life-saving research. This wouldn’t be possible without amazing volunteers like you.
• A chance to be in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
• The potential of gaining a national recognised qualification (NVQ)
• The chance to gain valuable retail experience
• The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
• The ability to gain valuable experience to enhance your CV and to learn new skills
• Be part of the team to help 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034.
Did you know that every volunteer hour donated enables us to sell 6 items and raise £20 of funds for life saving research? This means if you could donate 6 hours of your time once a week for 6 months you could generate over £3120 for Cancer Research UK!
Typical volunteering tasks in our charity shops include:
• Serving customers, taking cash and providing good all-round customer service
• Sorting through donated items and pricing stock
• Creating window and shop displays
• Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
• Interacting with the general public
How do I get involved? It’s quick and easy – all you need to do is complete our short online application form and a member of the volunteering team will get in touch with you. No matter what experience you have or what you wish to achieve from volunteering, we would love to hear from you