Are you a good communicator, who enjoys meeting new people? Could you spare a couple of hours a week? Join our brilliant Community Fundraising team and help raise vital funds to save nature.
If you’re the kind of person who would like to volunteer but is unable to commit regularly, then this could be perfect for you! This suits a candidate who is looking to volunteer from home and have flexibility in your time commitment.
Why we want you
Help us raise vital funds to give nature a home!
The RSPB is the UK’s largest nature conservation charity! Join our fantastic volunteers who are helping to inspire everyone to give nature a home and secure a healthy environment for wildlife. We will help you gain skills and give you an invaluable insight into our essential work.
What you will be doing
- Approaching various sites in your local area, such as shops or cafes, and asking them to support the RSPB by hosting a pin badge box on their premises.
- Collecting the money and topping up your boxes with extra pin badges, every 4 -6 weeks (depending on the site and your convenience).
- Counting the money and banking the donations from boxes.
- Ensuring that pin badge boxes are in a good condition, replacing where necessary.
- Using our user-friendly website to record your banked donations.
The skills you need
- Good communication skills and an ability to liaise with your local community.
- Numeracy, record-keeping skills, and the ability to handle cash efficiently and accurately.
- Basic computer literacy.
- An ability to use your own initiative.
- Passion and enthusiasm to help give nature a home.
- No knowledge of birds or wildlife is required.
What’s in it for you
- The role is just a few hours per month, and highly flexible to suit your availability and lifestyle.
- An opportunity to develop various skills and boost your CV, such as fundraising, communication, public relations and marketing.
- An opportunity to get good insight into the RSPB’s conservation work.
- Make additional community links and meet new people in your local area.
- Full training and support throughout your volunteering.
- Perhaps the most rewarding aspect of being part is knowing that you’re really making a difference in inspiring others to help save nature.
Suitable for under 18’s. This role is suitable for young people wanting to gain skills and has been completed for the volunteering element of Duke of Edinburgh. The RSPB will reimburse you for out of pocket expenses travel expenses, we will provide the equipment, training and any uniform needed for you to complete the role We’re now the largest nature conservation charity in the country, consistently delivering successful conservation, forging powerful new partnerships with other organisations and inspiring others to stand up and give nature the home it deserves. We rely on the support and generosity of our volunteers to make a difference Our work stretches far beyond the UK. Wherever wildlife is in threat, we’ll work with partners across the globe to help save it and give it a home.