At NCT Plymouth & West Devon, our mission is to support parents through the first 1,000 days to have the best possible experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
We do this though three interconnected aims:
Sharing knowledge: we provide evidence-based information for parents online and face-to-face to give every parent the chance to make informed decisions.
Creating networks: we support parents to build networks through our 333 branches across the UK, forging vital, often lifelong friendships.
Harnessing voices: we campaign on the issues that matter most to families throughout their first 1,000 days.
Being a community group coordinator is a great volunteer role for anyone who is passionate about making a difference, is organised and is friendly.
The time you will spend will vary from week to week but around 2 hours on average.
• Leading regular group planning meetings
• Working with your team to provide exciting and interesting activities for
parents to be and new parents
• Working with your team to plan fundraising activities to help finance group expenses and support the national NCT movement
• Linking with NCT staff and regional volunteer teams to ensure two-way
communication and make sure everyone is kept up-to-date
• Promoting NCT in your local community
• Recruiting and retaining volunteers by enabling a good volunteer
What makes a good group Coordinator?
• Good communication skills including being able to listen and problem solve
• Delegation skills and the ability to set priorities
• The ability to organise people
• Enthusiasm and confidence