The Plymouth Autism Spectrum Service (PASS) has been developed to provide a dedicated and specialist service for adults with autism and their families.
Livewell Southwest is looking for volunteers to support the Plymouth Autism Spectrum Service with a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks, as well as helping with projects and supporting service users.
The service also collaborates with health and social care and community organisations within Plymouth to provide encompassing support.
It emphasises a person-centred approach, helping autistic adults to feel understood, advocated for and to recognise their strengths. We promote proactive strategies to empower them to overcome challenges, achieve their potential and live rewarding lives.
Team volunteers will be an integral part of PASS, supporting the team with a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks, as well as helping with projects and supporting service users.
There will be opportunities to get involved in a variety of activities, to share your ideas, and to contribute to the future development of the service.
As a small, community-orientated service, we value assistance and input from volunteers in helping us support autistic adults and to promote the acceptance and inclusivity of neurodiversity.
Volunteers must have:
- Knowledge of the strengths and challenges associated with autism.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with and support service users, work cooperatively with other team members and collaborate with other services.
- Empathy and person-centred manner.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Respectful of patient confidentiality.
- Understanding of personal and professional boundaries.
- Good computer and administrative skills.
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as making appointments, responding to emails and telephone calls.
- Assembling paperwork for Groups & Advice Service packs.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at our Advice Service.
- Responding to general enquiries.
- Creating resources.
- Assisting with a variety of projects.