Livewell Southwest is an independent, award-winning social enterprise providing integrated health and social care services for people across Plymouth, South Hams and West Devon, as well as some specialist services for people living in parts of Devon and Cornwall.
Livewell Southwest is looking for volunteers to encourage feedback about service user experiences and input this anonymised data into a web-based form known as the friends and family survey.
Livewell Southwest is at the forefront of integrating health and social care, which means that we care for people in new ways that are more efficient, with health and social care professionals who would have previously worked in individual teams now working together. This helps us to deliver the right care for people, in the right place and at the right time.
You will find our teams in community hospitals, GP practices, sports centres, health and wellbeing hubs, at community events and even at football matches.
In 2019 Livewell Southwest was inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and received a rating of ‘good’ overall. Our mental health inpatient unit (Glenbourne) and our community learning disabilities team received an exceptional rating of ‘outstanding’.
Livewell Southwest is looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable telephone manner
- Empathy and warmth
- Ability to capture information and input into a web-based form whilst speaking to service users
- Ability to raise concerns appropriately
- Good understanding of professional boundaries
The role will involve calling individuals who have received input from a variety of Community Services and encouraging feedback about service user experiences and inputting this anonymised data into a web-based form known as the friends and family survey.
Our organisation provides many different services to residents of Plymouth and the surrounding areas. The volunteer will phone people who have had recent involvement with Livewell Southwest’s services and ask them for an honest and open account of their experience guided by a series of questions.
The importance of this role and the information this produces is to enable the organisation to shape and deliver services that are responsive to needs thus enabling Livewell Southwest to continue to adapt and to meet the needs of the community it serves.
Experience to date has shown us that an impartial advocate elicits the most honest account of experience from our service uses and therefore we would like volunteers to undertake this role.
Minimum of 2/3 hours per week (specified day/s):
- To impartially gain feedback from service users
- To accurately record feedback received
- Liaise with relevant manager on completion of surveys.
- Escalate any concerns from feedback that may require further action
Benefits to the volunteer:
- Opportunity to volunteer in a large social enterprise
- Improve the experience of people who use our services and their families
- Experience in a professional environment
- Gain skills and practical experience within a forward-thinking organisation delivering a unique range of services
- Opportunity to be recognised for your contribution
Livewell Southwest will provide:
- An induction into the organisation and relevant areas
- Relevant training, support, and information for you to carry out your volunteering role
- Ongoing support and supervision from a named member of staff
- Communicate with you and keep you informed of possible changes
- A written reference (if required)
- Payment of reasonable travelling expenses incurred during volunteering (where appropriate)
- Standard DBS check