Livewell Southwest is an independent, award-winning social enterprise providing integrated health and social care services for people across Plymouth, South Hams and West Devon, as well as some specialist services for people living in parts of Devon and Cornwall.
Livewell Southwest is looking for a compassionate, polite and friendly volunteer to support the admin teams within specialist nursing.
Livewell Southwest is at the forefront of integrating health and social care, which means that it cares for people in new ways that are more efficient, with health and social care professionals who would have previously worked in individual teams now working together.
This helps them to deliver the right care for people, in the right place and at the right time.
You will find their teams in community hospitals, GP practices, sports centres, health and wellbeing hubs, at community events and even at football matches.
In 2019, Livewell Southwest was inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and received a rating of ‘good’ overall. Its mental health inpatient unit (Glenbourne) and community learning disabilities team received an exceptional rating of ‘outstanding’.
Desired skills and experience includes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively
- Ability to input data accurately
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Understanding of personal and professional boundaries
Based at the Beauchamp Centre at Mount Gould Hospital. Minimum three hours per week, days and times flexible.
The volunteer would support with general administrative tasks which could include:
- Scanning and saving information on to patient records
- Printing blood forms for phlebotomy visits
- Printing appointment letters
- Taking messages off answerphones
- Packing orders
- Keeping storage spaces tidy
- Contacting patients/care homes to remind them of appointments
- Inputting friends and family on to the system
Please complete the form below to apply