Horizon Multi Academy Trust are seeking governors to support our schools
Horizon are a Multi Academy Trust in Plymouth currently consisting of nine schools which include, primary, infant and junior schools. These are Elburton, Ford, Hooe, Hyde Park Infant, Hyde Park Junior, Plaistow Hill Infant and Nursery, Pomphlett, Victoria Road and Widewell academies. Our schools come from across the City with a varied demographic.
We see Horizon as being a Trust determined to celebrate and promote the diversity that is Plymouth. The links and partnerships that the Multi Academy Trust has in the UK and worldwide supports and enhances this.
Would you like to make a difference in one of our schools and develop your own professional skills? By volunteering as a local school governor, you can do both.
We are currently looking for a number of volunteer local governors to join our Local and Federated Governing Bodies.
Local School governors work with the school’s senior leadership team to monitor school performance and to ensure that our school provides the best possible education for the pupils. You don’t have to be a parent to apply and we are looking for skilled volunteers over the age of 18 from all backgrounds. You can make a difference to our communities by becoming a school governor!
Horizon are looking for the following people:
- People who have an interest in the future of our children and their education
- People who have the desire to make a difference and who have the time, energy and commitment
- People who like working as part of a team
- People who are not afraid to ask questions in order to increase their knowledge and hold schools to account
We will offer you:
- Support and training in understanding your role
- A happy school community where we all aim to make children’s experiences greater
- Satisfaction that you have made a difference
All Governor appointments are subject to DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks.
Please contact Kim Hall via email – firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat and to find out how to apply – we’d love to hear from you!