FareShare South West is the region’s largest food redistribution charity. We take good quality surplus food from the food industry and deliver it to more than 400 charities across the South West. Last year we provided enough food for five million meals.
FareShare South West Devon and Cornwall is looking for volunteers to drop off weekly orders of food at local charities and collect surplus from local food businesses with the help of a driver’s assistant.
As the cost of living increases and more people are forced into food poverty, FareShare South West is facing new challenges. We rely on donations, volunteers and partnerships to stop people from going hungry and get as much good quality surplus food as possible to schools, charities and community groups across our region.
The successful volunteer driver must:
- Have a standard driving licence
- Be confident to drive a medium-sized van (experience is preferable)
- Be good at map reading
- Be personable… able to interact well with different people
- Be able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
- Be adaptable – managing surplus can be unpredictable, so day-to-day routes and drop-off points can vary
- Dropping off the weekly orders of food at local charities and collecting surplus from local food businesses with the help of a Driver’s Assistant
- You’ll be the friendly face of FareShare interacting with the charities, making sure they get the food they need
- Working with other volunteers to load up the van with daily deliveries before you head out
- Our team is responsible for sorting, storing and recording the food we get delivered to our warehouse.
- Our team also assemble food orders for our charity members across the Southwest.
- Every day is different and you’ll be part of a fun, welcoming team!