Improving Lives Plymouth has been meeting the needs of the people in the city since 1907. The services we offer include:
Enabling those with learning disabilities and mental health challenges to engage in exercise and sport. Providing guidance and support for carers.
Helping people to manage their own long-term health conditions.
Assisting those with hearing and sight impairments.
Giving people with learning disabilities the opportunity to learn and socialise.
We are part of the Advice Plymouth partnership, alongside Citizens Advice Plymouth, providing information, signposting and advice.
We are currently looking for Volunteer Drop-in Assistants who will:
• Act as first point of contact in the Advice Plymouth drop-in.
• Determine the nature of client’s query and provide information to assist them in resolving their problem.
• Provide information, signpost and refer clients appropriately both internally and externally with help from the drop-in Coordinators.
• Record appropriate information onto a computer database, including any requirements for action. (Full training is given)
• Be expected to undertake mandatory training.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to:
Communicate clearly to service users.
Use appropriate listening skills.
Show empathy and understanding to others.
Have an understanding and commitment to equal opportunities.
Use computers to undertake basic research and also to record work done.
If you like the sound of that, we’d love to hear from you.