Responsible to the Dementia Centre Manager, we’re looking for volunteers who could cover morning, afternoon or full day sessions Monday – Friday as a Dementia Day Centre Volunteer.
Main Duties will be:
• To help older people maintain their dignity and independence by assisting in a community based day centre
• To share with other staff in meeting the care needs of service users in a way that respects their dignity and promotes independence
• Develop professional relationships with service users and staff within the day centre
• To help with the care of the service users physical environment and in general day to day activities
• To pay attention to the safety and security of service users at all times
• Ensure that confidentiality regarding service users information and records is maintained at all times
• Assist with the planning and running of activities in the Day Centre
• To comply with the Charity’s policies and procedures
• Log all of your volunteer hours on Charity Log, our CRM System (Training Provided)
• To undertake ad-hoc tasks as and when requested
The kind of person we are looking for:
• Enjoys talking to older people
• Has at least a basic understanding of Dementia
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Good communication skills
• Reliability and trustworthiness
• Willingness to attend Induction and undertake training appropriate to role
If you think this sounds like you, and you feel aligned to our mission statement below, we’d love to hear from you!
Age UK Plymouth exists to care for and work with older people and their carers in and around the City of Plymouth to improve their quality of life through the promotion of choice, opportunity and independence.