Do you have a good knowledge or your local community, a passion for wellbeing and supporting others, for learning more about wellbeing and supporting your community? If so this opportunity could be just the thing for you.
Community Wellbeing Champions will be advocates for wellbeing within their community. They will be able to support others in maintaining good physical and mental wellbeing and be able to let them know about other support services when needed.
After attending initial training we will be looking for you to:
- Support others to maintain good wellbeing
- Signpost members of the community to wellbeing support services where appropriate
- Become part of the community wellbeing champions network which includes getting wellbeing information and updates from the Livewell Southwest Wellbeing Team. Invitation to quarterly update sessions
- Advocate wellbeing in your community
- Promote and support wellbeing awareness days, for example mental health awareness day, Stoptober etc
This is an opportunity to gain new training and skills around wellbeing and to support other people to maintain good wellbeing. You will meet new people with similar interests and passion around wellbeing and get to support your local community.
Ideally, we are looking for volunteers and/or staff who are already working in the community and have support. We would just be looking to provide this additional training and ask that they then use the new skills in their community. Be part of a city wide network of community wellbeing champions who come together and share their experiences and ideas. We’d love to hear from you, click on the button below to apply.