The climate Hub is looking for volunteers to help with it’s 3 key objectives.
TO ENGAGE: The Climate Hub will organise and host activities and exhibitions to engage people of as many different backgrounds as possible, with events, workshops, exhibitions, talks, people’s assemblies and, of course, a zero waste shop and vegan café!
TO EDUCATE: The Climate Hub will provide a range of trustworthy, evidence-based knowledge and accessible resources that can support people, organisations and communities to develop their understanding of the climate crisis.
TO EMPOWER: The Climate Hub will create and share opportunities to take meaningful and tangible action to address the climate crisis, from reducing emissions and energy use, to transitioning to a circular economy.
There are many different roles and tasks to be done. Below there is a whole list of things. If you are interested in one or more of them, contact us!
Ongoing daily tasks:
– Welcoming people into the Hub
– Maintain welcome desk
– Manage sign-ups: people becoming members/signing up to newsletter
– Gathering feedback when people leave ‘i feel happy/supported/inspired’
– Social media
– Taking photos of daily activities, events and workshops
– Writing copy
– Posting on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
– Writing blog posts for the website?
– Coordinating the library
– Student coordinator
– Plant care and maintenance
– Shop coordinators
– Shop sales agents
– Art room coordinator
– Keeping the space tidy and organised
– Accepting deliveries
– Info point
– Network communication, agents from groups to act as our point of contact
– Liaison with groups like H4C, XR, UoP, chamber of commerce etc.
– Ongoing rare regular tasks (e.g. running a weekly veg box collection)
– Coordinating and running reoccurring/regular events
– People’s assembly coordinator
– Art-making workshops
– Veg box collection
– Book club facilitator and organiser
– Space guardian and general workshop helper (i.e. not the facilitator but general facilitators’ assistants)
– Photographer of events
One-offs / Help with specific projects:
– Sourcing interior furniture/art
– Building planters
– Decoration making (e.g. workshop lamp making)
– Party events
If you’re passionate about the climate and could help with any of the above roles we’d love to hear from you.