Could you power through the miles to help us beat dementia sooner?
We’re challenging you to cycle 100, 250, 500 miles in a month.
The past few months have been really tough. Coronavirus has hit people affected by dementia the hardest and it continues to disrupt lives. Our support services are a crucial lifeline and we’re working tirelessly to support as many people as possible.
But our fundraising income is at risk and we’re already estimating the loss of donations to be in the millions. So we’re asking you to get on your bike, Cycle for Dementia and go the extra mile. With your help we can be there for those who need us most.
We’re challenging you to cycle 100, 250 or 500 miles in 30 days. Sign up, track your miles and raise vital funds to help us support people living with dementia. If you raise £100 you’ll receive a medal as a special thank you for your support.
- We’d encourage each person taking part to raise at least £100 for Alzheimer’s Society
- Track your distance using your phone, smart watch or other device
- Each person is responsible for tracking their mileage
- Make sure you follow government advice around social distancing concerning COVID-19
What your fundraising will support
- £9.90 will begin someone’s Dementia Connect journey by providing the first conversation with one of our telephone-based Dementia Advisers
- Telephone-based Dementia Advisers give essential support across the three nations, £95 can support them for a full day
- Just £3.83 turns an ordinary citizen into superhero Dementia Friend! There is a stigma attached to living with dementia that is both deeply hurtful, and overwhelmingly unfair. Dementia Friends is at its core an instrument for societal change, waking people up to the truth about dementia and helping them understand the impact on people’s lives
Why you should join our cycling challenge
- The health benefits – cycling can increase stamina, strength and aerobic fitness. It’s also a fun way to get fit!
- Burn calories – cycling can help you maintain a healthy weight and keep active
- Do it at home or on the road – if you’ve got a stationary bike at home, now’s the time to dust it off and put it into use! Whether you want to complete the challenge on a bike indoors or take to the road, it’s completely up to you. Just make sure you follow government advice
- Help us beat dementia – The money you raise from this challenge will help fund a range of important services to help people affected by dementia.
Sign up HERE