During the COVID‑19 pandemic, we’ve seen some inspirational stories of co‑operation.
Over three quarters of a million people have signed up to become NHS volunteers. People stand outside their homes to applaud key workers every week. We’re looking out for vulnerable neighbours. We’re staying at home.
We want to harness this new culture of co-operation and change in everyday behaviour to raise awareness of co‑ops and the values that run through our diverse sector. We want to change society for the better as we rebuild.
Co‑ops are businesses built on values. We do business the right way. It’s in our DNA. Every day.
During Co‑op Fortnight (22 June to 5 July 2020) join us to:
- Showcase the different ways that co‑ops, and people in your community have worked together
- Explain the co‑op values and principles. We do this all the time, not just in times of crisis
- Encourage people to continue to co‑operate
We’ve seen what happens we ALL co-operate. Let’s build something better together.
Co‑op Fortnight is here! Spread the word and #KeepCooperating
Co‑op Fortnight kicks off today. Join us in highlighting the ways co‑ops are supporting their communities and encourage everyone to keep co-operating as we rebuild.
- Share the campaign video from Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
It features Calverts, Edinburgh Bicycle Coop, The Larder, LILAC Co‑Housing and The Midcounties Co‑operative. It was created by Media Co-op.
- Share your stories of co‑operation on social media using #KeepCooperating. Don’t forget to tag @CooperativesUK and we’ll retweet your posts.
Share our press release revealing that eight out of ten people will continue to support local independent businesses after lockdown