12 Days & ways to be a good neighbour and tackle loneliness
The Plymouth Good Neighbours Scheme is all about people helping people. Now more than ever, your neighbour may be in need of a helping hand — and you can be a good neighbour while still practicing social distancing.
For instance, you can:
- Share these ideas with family and friends and see if you can get them on board
- Give a neighbour a Christmas card, start a conversation and make a connection.
- A spare chair, Invite a neighbour to join you for Christmas dinner.
- Help others, volunteer for your local community https://ourplymouth.co.uk/
- Go for a walk to your park or local shops with your neighbour. Contact someone you can’t be with and see how they are.
- Listen properly to what people say to you without judging them
- Make a gift for someone who is homeless or feeling lonely
- Self-care, don’t forget to look after yourself this Christmas
- Practice gratitude, list the kind things you see others doing around you
- Buy locally and support independent shops near to you
- Notice and appreciate kindness and thank people who do kind things for you
- Make a pledge to someone you know that you will continue to be a good neighbour throughout the New Year